Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday

Had a great day, more beautiful weather. School in the AM for kids and Lex. I went to West to buy a oil change pump, anchor trip line bouy, oil filter wrench and a proper stuffing box wrench. These little trips take a few hours as I'm on the schedule of the marina Van, but I enjoy meeting the other cruisers and tend to learn more on the dock and the van (and sometimes a bar...) than I do in the cruising guides.

When I got back to the boat after some more talk with the yard about repair work, we went downtown for a historic carriage tour. Sounds corny, but after I managed my fear of large domesticed animals, we had a great time! We all really like Charleston. Nice folks, lots of character and a very interesting history. It struck us that the civil war was only a few generations back. Folks are still waiting for the South to Rise Again.

Thanks to Freddy for sending a very complete list of iPad apps to us. Very helpful! We hope to catch up with you in person down the road a bit!

Tyler, Liza, and Max


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys should go to Tybee Island, off Savannah. It is a great laid-back island with crab shacks and great beaches. We have spent quite a few spring breaks down there. George and Mary

Alexa Schnauck said...

Thanks G & M! We will be sure to check out Tybee Island. Thanks!!