Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wednesday

We stayed at the marina most of the day today. In the afternoon we went into the city and walked along King Street, great shopping area. The kids and I bought Eliza new surf shorts at Quik Silver, were going to get a very cute swim shirt for her too until I saw that the price was 99.99!!!! Unbelievable for such a tiny piece of nylon! John bought an iPad, which I am so psyched about since I've wanted one since he had to return the other after he quit his job. Now we'll just have to see how well we all share to see if I have to buy my own!!! We went to a really great pizza place for dinner called "Mellow Mushroom". We stopped by a CVS on the way back to the van, and they had a large selection of Halloween costumes. The kids were very excited and picked some very gruesome outfits.

By the way, since we'll be here for another week probably, we have a mailing address!

The City Marina Dock Office
c/c Zusammen/Schnauck
17 Lockwood Drive
Charleston, SC 29401

Don't send anything past Nov. 1 though as we hope to be out of here by the 3rd or 4th.

Charleston's palm tree lined streets


A fountain Liza liked


The Spice & Tea Exchange and beginning of 'The Market'


Kids on the dock


Costumes



Naptime







3 comments:

MPG said...

Whoooo Hooooo an I-Pad! Now you can stream X Factor!! and other stuff!

I bet you'll get your own within a few weeks!

Charleston looks wonderful- we love the pictures -we'll have to plan a trip there.

PS The costumes are hideous!

Anonymous said...

I'm having the ipad 2 for my birthday from George; I can't wait! You can send me the available apps! LAA x
p.s. do I spot crabby having a nap too?

Anonymous said...

Robert just learned about the spice and tea exchange. How cool you were there. Be safe. Love you guys, Michelle