Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Manatee in the Trip!

Like mom said, a manatee came to our stern. It was my idea to name Fatsy. He was at least six feet long, by about three feet wide, and, so Fatsy wasn't a bad name for him!

Dad was afraid he would hurt the manatee if he went under the boat. Thankfully,  Fatsy didn't!  We saw a few scars on his back, hopefully they weren't from propellers!

This was our first manatee up close, and I hope it wasn't our last!!

By Liza
Second mate
Zusammen
Schnauck.blogspot.com

Alexa C. Schnauck
s/v Zusammen
schnauck.blogspot.com
781.834.2888

2 comments:

MPG said...

They are amazing aren't they? I had no idea how big they were until I saw them when we stayed in Jupiter. What land animal are they related to? I can't remember.
LMPGxxxx

JRW said...

Did you tell it he needed to get a job?