Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! (yesterday)

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday! We finally left Charleston, which definitely gave us a reason to be thankful. (I am also very thankful for my family and friends and being able to take this incredible trip) We traveled down the ICW, as the wave height was too big to get outside.  I cooked a Thanksgiving feast, which everyone seemed to enjoy, even a pecan pie! My turkey came out surprisingly well, I was a little nervous about the roasting capabilities of my oven.

We anchored just south of Brickyard Creek, a very quiet spot with 2 or 3 houses nearby.  We were quite near the channel and the boat was hit by sticks every now and again, moving with the current, which was a bit disconcerting.  It was a beautiful night, very clear and calm.  This morning we left at 7 to make a swing bridge that opens on the hour.  When we got close, we realized that it doesn't open for rush hour, 7-9, so now we are sitting at anchor waiting.  Its a lovely morning, very sunny, a bit cold though.  We're hoping it will be the last morning of jackets.  We're going offshore today at Beaufort, and planning to come in again at Fernandina Beach Inlet.  It was 20 degrees warmer there this monring.

Liza just woke up, came running thru the boat saying "I'm 9!!" We told her not until tomorrow, to which she replied, "but it was tomorrow yesterday!" Poor Lize, what a disappointment!



5 comments:

MPG said...

Well done you!! That looks a great Thanksgiving feast! Glad to hear that you're on your way again- new places to go, new things to see - exciting! Tomorrow another BIG day- Miss Eliza Schnauck will be 9!!
We love you all and are truly thankful for all members of our exceptional family!
LMPGxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

hey guys its steven keller and margarete we wish you the best of luck and happy b-day lize

Anonymous said...

I hope liza had a happy birthday. Lex, you are a wonder woman. Thanksgiving dinner on the boat. Pretty impressed. xoxo Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Liza from the Masiello gang1 Hope it was a great day for her! martha

Anonymous said...

Wow Lex just viewed your Thanksgiving gourmet dinner! Well done you I can't imagine how you managed that when I remember the lack of space and galley kitchens your mother and I experienced as children. All we got w corn beef hash although I did quite like it! The Pictures in Florida say it all; clearly a lot of fun was had by all. Sorry I never sent birthday wishes to Liza but I guess she had a fab day. Hopefully she got my letter which I sent to Florida and I send love and hugs to my 9 year old great niece now. Xxx