Thursday, November 17, 2011

Surprise for kiddos...

So.....
Zusammen won't be back in the water until Monday/Tuesday.  I just put the kids in bed and packed the rooms.  We're going to move out to Orlando and take the kids to Disney for a couple of days.  I can't wait to start driving and not tell them where we are going!  It's a good 6 hours down there, but we're getting pretty tapped out with Charleston.  We were planning on doing a Disney trip for a couple of days when Zusammen was down around Daytona, but given the (gulp) near month we have been in Charleston we won't want to slow the migration down once we get rolling again.

Anybody with Disney intel (Gina and Steve?) - call me in the car tomorrow!

The long term forecast still looks good for an offshore run on Tuesday/Wednesday, but a lot can change.  I told a pal today on the phone, "we're like the bumper sticker - One Day at a Time".  We're hoping we can put some serious miles under the keel when we push off next week and get to some Florida water for Thanksgiving and Liza's Birthday.

I'm sure there will be lots of pictures in the next couple of days.  We'll keep ya posted...

Had a nice day today - I did some lighting stuff on the boat while Lex taught - IMTRA lights look great and really brighten the old girl up!  Back to l'hotel for lunch and then we all went off to a local park - very cool place with integrated website to narrate the nature trail on your iPhone.  Pretty neat.

Off to bed - can't wait to goof on the kids in the morning.  I think I'll tell 'em we're doing a field trip to a Math Camp or something...

1 comment:

MPG said...

Whooo Hooooo Exciting!! I wish we could come too!!!
LMPG